[haskell-llvm] pushing llvm-base with patched setup.hs to hackage

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Fri May 17 22:02:10 BST 2013

because there is no simpler way to support both ranges of cabal versions in
setup.hs

by your own words, its bad to have needless version breakage, and theres no
way to do the conditional #if MIN_VERSION_BLAH stuff in a setup.hs files,
 and without this conditional compilation code, or some more complicated
config process that before the setup.hs, there is no way
to support both   both [Version >= 1.17] (and 1.18 will be out soon, and
will likely be the version in the next fall / winter haskell platform
release)
and [Version < 1.17].

I am all ears for a way to more nicely support a wider range of cabal
versions thats nicer. But until such a better solution that also works is
presented, this is the simplest solution.

LLVM lib bindings should *just work*, this is needed to hold that standard
up.