[haskell-llvm] pushing llvm-base with patched setup.hs to hackage

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Fri May 17 20:50:08 BST 2013

On Fri, 17 May 2013, Carter Schonwald wrote:

> i don't understand your question.
> the only change is in SETUP.hs so that llvm-base builds with a wider array of systems

I don't know what you have patched in Setup.hs, but from the history I
know that there were many modifications in Setup.hs and configure.ac that
claimed to improve the overall situation but in fact solved the problem
only for the submitter and broke the package for all others. The problem I
encountered with LLVM-2.8 vs. LLVM-3.2 is just another example. Thus my
question: Whatever you changed - did you test that the change works
everywhere where the package worked before?