[haskell-llvm] Looking to transition maintainership of the llvm package(s)

Marcelo Sousa dipython at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 15:08:39 GMT 2013

For the sake of a consistent package and avoid duplicate work, it would be
nice if we could merge all branches and assign components to maintainers. I
would be interested in finding if some of newly implemented features could
be useful in my verification framework.

Regards,
Marcelo

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Nathan Howell <nathan.d.howell at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'd also be happy to act as a maintainer, my username is NathanHowell. I
> have a port for the type-nats branch of GHC (dropping the type-level dep),
> as well as a stack of fixes I've found useful over the years.
>
> -n
>

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 2:51 AM, Henning Thielemann <
> lemming at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, 12 Mar 2013, Marcelo Sousa wrote:
>>
>>  Hello Bryan,
>>> I forked the repository and I have been updating it to newer versions of
>>> LLVM and also extending the LLVM
>>> C++ and C binding libraries  because they are quite incomplete.
>>> My repository is at: https://github.com/**marcelosousa/llvm<https://github.com/marcelosousa/llvm>
>>> .
>>> I could definitely be one of the maintainers since I'm still using the
>>> library quite extensively and I'm
>>> interested on it to be up to date to extract the bytecode information
>>> accurately. I'm not interested in
>>> using the library for code generation so someone could maintain that
>>> part.
>>>

>> ... I did another fork in order to update to type-families, since in
>> GHC-7.4 the handling of functional dependencies became so slow in a
>> particular case that one of my modules needed 15min to compile. Since I
>> find git dangerous (pushed to wrong branch several times) and the WWW based
>> frontend of github extremely cumbersome I made my fork in darcs:
>>
>>   http://code.haskell.org/~**thielema/llvm-tf/<http://code.haskell.org/~thielema/llvm-tf/>
>>

>> If there are maintainers who are happy with git, then I am ok with
>> contributing to git, though. I am willing to merge my fork to the new llvm
>> HEAD.
>>
>> I also develop the llvm-extra package that adds some nice features on top
>> of 'llvm'. Maybe the new maintainers want to integrate some of the
>> functionality into the base package:
>>
>>   http://code.haskell.org/~**thielema/llvm-extra/<http://code.haskell.org/~thielema/llvm-extra/>

Kind Regards,
Marcelo Sousa