[haskell-llvm] A simplified LLVM binding

David Terei davidterei at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 19:27:33 BST 2011

2011/10/11 Karacsony Mate <k_mate at inf.elte.hu>:
> Hi!
>
> I need a simple haskell LLVM binding, that doesn't require the LLVM
> libraries (it's difficult to install them on windows, etc). "Simple" means
> that I need only a subset of the current functionality (eg. arithmetics,
> control structures, array handling). LLVM assemlby code generation is also
> good enough.
>
> Does anybody know about a binding like this, or is it possible to simplify
> the current implementation and remove the FFI calls from it?

I wrote some simple bindings for use in GHC as Nathan pointed out. It
pretty prints LLVM bitcode so has no dependencies on the LLVM
libraries.

The bindings are part of GHC and not a separate library but it may be
worth changing that. Erik (who I've included in this email) has used
these bindings for work he did on a compiler that uses LLVM. Maybe he
has a more self-contained version of the bindings then the ones in
GHC. Erik? Have a look at the bindings in GHC and if it fits your
needs we can talk about either just copying the code or maybe biting
the bullet and creating a proper library if there are 3 users now.

Cheers,
David