[haskell-llvm] A simplified LLVM binding

Nathan Howell nathan.d.howell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 17:17:51 BST 2011

2011/10/11 Karacsony Mate <k_mate at inf.elte.hu>

>   I need a simple haskell LLVM binding, that doesn't require the LLVM
> libraries (it's difficult to install them on windows, etc). "Simple" means
> that I need only a subset of the current functionality (eg. arithmetics,
> control structures, array handling). LLVM assemlby code generation is also
> good enough.
>
> Does anybody know about a binding like this, or is it possible to simplify
> the current implementation and remove the FFI calls from it?

You might have a look at the LLVM printer in GHC, it does not depend on the
LLVM libraries. If this fits your needs it would probably be easier to get
it building outside of GHC than it would to remove all of the FFI calls from
the llvm package.

https://github.com/ghc/ghc/tree/master/compiler/llvmGen

-n