[haskell-llvm] Towards 0.10

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Thu Jul 14 15:48:33 BST 2011

On Jul 14, 2011, at 0:50, Henning Thielemann <lemming at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:

> Does it work with GHCi?

Unlikely, since the libstdc++ ghci bug would affect it.

> I think calling the optimization functions of LLVM directly is a good thing, in order to stay in sync with LLVM's functionality.

Yep, the previous code duplication was why the examples were crashing with 2.9.

> It seems you managed to mix Haskell code with C++. Do you know whether this reduces portability?

It doesn't seem to. There are quite a few packages doing this now. Having to go through C wrappers is annoying, but not fatal. That's all the llvm-c interface is anyway.