[haskell-llvm] llvm-patch: Generalise the CallArgs type class so you can use call with two return types within one module

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Tue Jul 5 10:20:46 BST 2011

On Tue, 5 Jul 2011, Henning Thielemann wrote:

> you removed the 'r' parameter from the CallArgs class. I depend on the
> CallArgs class in llvm-extra. Can you please increase the version number of
> llvm to 0.9.2? Although I do not know whether 'llvm' wants to comply to the
> package versioning policy, for me it would be good, to try it loosely at
> least.

I have mixed something up - actually you added the 'r' parameter.

Now, I notice that the type parameter order of CallArgs is different from
the similar class Instructions.FunctionArgs. It also differs from a custom
CallArgs class I use in llvm-extra/Extension.

We have
   Instructions.CallArgs r f g
   Instructions.FunctionArgs f g r
   Extension.CallArgs g r

Could you still change the parameter order of CallArgs for the sake of
consistency?