[haskell-llvm] Adapting to LLVM-2.8 (Was: Very slow assembling and disassembling in LLVM-2.7)

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Fri Oct 8 13:00:55 EDT 2010

David Terei schrieb:

> Read the release notes. Specifically:
>
> http://llvm.org/docs/ReleaseNotes.html#changes
>
> The union type has been removed in 2.8 so that seems to be the cause
> of your link errors.

Thank you for the hint! Now adapting to LLVM-2.8 was simple: I just
commented out the Union related functions. See the attached patch set.

The patch bundle also contains a patch that makes the result of 'free'
the unit type () instead of (Value ()). This way, GHC-6.12 won't
complain any longer about ignored results from 'free' in do-blocks.

Unfortunately, LLVM-2.8 does not solve the slow assembling problem. Thus
I have to stay with LLVM-2.6.

Before the next release of the Haskell llvm wrapper I try to find out,
whether Vectors can be empty or not and then we add consistent type
constraints to Vector related functions.