[haskell-llvm] Patch to improve configure script for debian.

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Sun Jun 27 10:10:40 EDT 2010

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Manuel M T Chakravarty
> <chak at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:
>       I have got two patches, too, that are lingering in Lenart's and Bryan's
> inbox.
>        In particular, the one adding GHCi support for the llvm package might
> be of
>       general interest.  (I have only tested on Mac OS X, though.  I'm happy
>       amend it if others find that tweaks are needed for other platforms.)
>

> I've been a bit AWOL on the LLVM front awhile, but I applied your patch and
> Erik's this
> evening, and they're in the main repo. I'll wait a couple of days before
> pushing a bugfix
> release of llvm itself.

If you are at applying patches ... I have still some patches, that might be of
general interest. They can be found in my private repository:
    http://code.haskell.org/~thielema/llvm-2.6/

These patches cover:
  * vector-aware versions of fptosi and friends
  * Callback from LLVM code into Haskell code including StablePtr support
  * tuple arguments to LLVM functions
  * instance IsFirstClass Array
  * CodeGen.constStruct
  * Instruction.extractvalue, insertvalue
  * Core.Instruction.bitcastUnify: like bitcast but uses type unification for
asserting equal size of source and target

What shall I do in order to get these patches into the main branch?