[haskell-llvm] Limitation of API - omissions or design?

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Thu Dec 16 08:23:01 EST 2010

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010, Maciej Piechotka wrote:

> I use this technique often. Well the code is secure but I have things
> like infinite space of values of infinite space of functions.

What do you mean with 'space'? According to LLVM doc open arrays shall be
implemented using arrays of size zero while relying on LLVM not to do any
boundary checks.

> Possibly I am doing something wrong but there is small amount of
> examples on web.

My code is certainly not tutorial, but you find running LLVM-EDSL-Haskell
code in
   http://code.haskell.org/~thielema/llvm-extra/
   http://code.haskell.org/synthesizer/llvm/

> PPS. I'm not sure how to solve this problem - it is separate to the
> above issues. On Gentoo there seems that MISP target is not built even
> with alltargets USE flag:
>

> ghci> x <- newModule
> <interactive>: /home/mpiechotka/.cabal/lib/llvm-0.9.0.1/ghc-7.0.1/HSllvm-0.9.0.1.o: unknown symbol `LLVMInitializeMSILTargetInfo'
> ghc: unable to load package `llvm-0.9.0.1'

Using LLVM from GHCi is another issue. I got it working on LLVM-2.5 with
some hacks, but then in LLVM-2.6 it worked no longer. Manuel Chakravarty
reported to got it working on Mac, but I have no success with LLVM-2.8 on
Linux. :-(