[Haddock] Re-creation of haddock repo

David Waern david.waern at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 18:45:19 BST 2011

Dear GHC developers,

perhaps you saw my mail about the Haddock repositories. The darcs repo
at http://code.haskell.org/haddock has diverged quite a bit from the
git repo at http://darcs.haskell.org/haddock2.git. The two
repositories were not in synch when the git conversion happened, which
makes it hard to synch them now.

I'd ideally like to re-create the haddock2 git repo. The re-creation
would be done by manually converting the git commits done since the
switchover, adding them to the darcs repo and then doing an automatic
conversion of the darcs repo again. The new git commits are much fewer
than the new darcs patches.

I've seen that there are some branches in the git repo, but all their
content seem to be merged to the master branch. So I should be able to
convert commits from the master branch only.

So I'd like to ask you if you'd be OK with this plan? You would all
need kill your local haddock2 clones and create new clones.

To stop the two repos from diverging again we could either kill the
darcs repo or forbid comitting directly to the git repo.

David