[Haddock] Re-creation of haddock repo

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Mon Jun 6 21:33:33 BST 2011

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 05:45:19PM +0000, David Waern wrote:

> So I'd like to ask you if you'd be OK with this plan? You would all
> need kill your local haddock2 clones and create new clones.

If we do this, let's do it at the same time as recreating the binary
repository.

> To stop the two repos from diverging again we could either kill the
> darcs repo or forbid comitting directly to the git repo.

In the darcs days, the two were intentionally diverging as the upstream
repo was supporting the last stable GHC release, whereas the GHC HEAD
repo needed to work with HEAD. How are we going to handle that now?

Thanks
Ian