[haskell-gnuplot] Gnuplot package for haskell

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Sat Dec 22 23:23:39 GMT 2012

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012, Jayakumar Ramanathan wrote:

> Hello Mr. Thielemann,
> I'm trying to use the Graphics.Gnuplot.Simple package and am having
> some difficulties that I hope you can help me with: After raise a plot window
> in ghci, the terminal no longer echoes any further commands while I type.
> Interestingly, the commands are echoed after I type return. Any help would be
> greatly appreciated. Thank you very much,

I got this problem, too, and I do not know how it happens. You may install
'gnuplot' with one of the alternative ways of running the gnuplot
executable:
$ cabal install -fexecutePipe gnuplot

Recently I changed the package such that gnuplot is no longer started with
the -persist option. Instead I run it concurrently using Haskell's forkIO.
Since that change the terminal keeps echoing. You may download the latest
development version by

$ darcs get http://code.haskell.org/gnuplot/