[haskell-gnuplot] temporary files, asynchronous execution of gnuplot (fwd)

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Mon Dec 17 09:36:24 GMT 2012

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012, Alberto Ruiz wrote:

> a) or b) looks OK to me.

Since I was uncertain how people use the "plot" function I invested the
effort for implementing c). That is, we now have:

  * plot: automatic selection of synchronous or asynchronous run
  * plotSync: always synchronous
  * plotAsync: always asynchronous

It is not yet published at Hackage. Please try out:
   darcs get http://code.haskell.org/gnuplot/

The visible new feature is Advanced.fileContents. It renders the contents
of the gnuplot files in plain Haskell Strings.

Best,
Henning