[haskell-gnuplot] ghci will not echo my keystrokes after a plot

Scott N. Walck walck at lvc.edu
Fri Sep 3 14:06:00 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 05:18:24PM -0400, Henning Thielemann wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Sep 2010, Scott N. Walck wrote:
>
> > Henning,
> >
> > I installed sox and it works nicely and I don't seem to have
> > any trouble with the keyboard.
>
> Maybe, the way I run 'gnuplot' causes a problem. There are some Cabal
> switches of the gnuplot package to run 'gnuplot' via different calling
> methods.

Could you tell me more about this?  I just installed a fresh ghc-6.12.3
with latest haskell-platform and I still have the problem of keyboard
strokes not being echoed after I make a plot.  This is with ubuntu-9.10
on a Lenovo T400.  On the other hand, I have Fedora running on a desktop
with ghc-6.12.1, and gnuplot works just fine there.

Scott