[haskell-gnuplot] gnuplot

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Aug 5 05:47:32 EDT 2009

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009, Brian Lewis wrote:

> Henning, sorry to bother you. I'm having a problem with gnuplot.
>
> Suppose I do this:
>
> plotListStyle
>  [ PNG "/tmp/EURUSD.png"
>  , Title "EUR/USD"
>  , Grid (Just [])
>  , Custom "terminal" ["png font VeraMono 12 size 800,600"]
>  , Custom "style"    ["line 1 lt rgb 'blue'"]
>  ]
>  (PlotStyle Lines (DefaultStyle 1))
>
> That works OK except that the key for the blue line has a default title,
> something like "curve.dat using 1".

I'm going to develop an additional interface which helps when 'simple' is
not enough. It allows finer control of the plot styles and it allows
mixing different kind of curves in one graphic. In the darcs version at
    http://code.haskell.org/gnuplot/
   the Simple functions are already implemented in terms of the more
sophisticated ones. You may download the darcs repository, manually expose
in the Cabal file the modules you need, and check whether you get the job
done. I have still not exposed the new modules, because I'm not certain
about the design. More experience is welcome!