[Chart] Splitting gtk stuff into a separate package

Tim Docker tim at dockerz.net
Fri Jan 6 23:09:08 GMT 2012

I'm fine with this. The reason I hadn't done it previously is that we have a dependency on cairo, and in my experience, gtk gets installed along with cairo. If some people find the gtk dependency a burden, then lets factor it out.

chart-gtk sounds like a reasonable name for the package. Whilst it would be a separate item on hackage, I think we should keep it in the same darks repos for now.

Tim

PS: I enjoyed your post "On stream processing, and a new release of time plot coming" and the subsequent discussions on haskell cafe. When I have a change I will study your incremental processing code in a bit more detail.