[vector] #34: Performance with Immutable Boxed Vectors much worse in 0.6.0.x as compared to 0.5

vector vector at projects.haskell.org
Thu Aug 26 19:15:19 EDT 2010

#34: Performance with Immutable Boxed Vectors much worse in 0.6.0.x as compared
to 0.5
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Reporter:  anonymous  |       Owner:
    Type:  defect     |      Status:  new
 Version:             |    Keywords:
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 Performance with immutable boxed vectors from Data.Vector is approx 5-10x
 slower in version 0.6.0.x than it is/was in version 0.5.  As result, I've
 been compiling with the older version of vector when using immutable boxed
 vectors.  In contrast, I do see a nice performance improvement with
 unboxed vectors when going from 0.5 to 0.6.0.x.  I didn't attach any code
 showing the problem, as it should be apparent with any benchmark you
 already have using immutable boxed vectors from Data.Vector.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.haskell.org/vector/ticket/34>
vector <http://trac.haskell.org/vector>