[NumericPrelude] renaming of modules NumericPrelude, PreludeBase, MyPrelude

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Aug 4 17:51:35 EDT 2010

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, Lewis-Sandy, Darrell wrote:

> Sorry for the delayed reply.  Real life occasionally gets in the way of
> fun maths.  I wholeheartedly support this proposal.  MyPrelude always
> seemed a bit to non-descriptive.

I performed that renaming and applied some more patches:

  - Real is renamed to Absolute, has no longer the Ord superclass and got an instance for Complex;
    This should make it easier to write algorithms that work on both Complex and Real numbers.

  - RealField is renamed to RealRing and the superclass Field is lifted to Ring
    Thus you can now round integers, which is the identity function.

  - I have split Polynomial, PowerSeries, PowerSeries2
    each into a Core module and main module,
    where the first one implements the functionality on plain lists
    and the second one defines custom datatypes that allow to make
    instances of the numeric type classes.

I hope this does not get in the way of the introduction of
UniqueFactorizationDomain. Btw. the RootSet and PowerSum modules allow
manipulations of roots of a polynomial. Does this help for the polynomial
factorization algorithms?