Fwd: [Haskell-cafe] NLP libraries and tools?

Dmitri O.Kondratiev dokondr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 19:42:47 BST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dmitri O.Kondratiev <dokondr at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 5:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] NLP libraries and tools?
To: haskell-cafe <haskell-cafe at haskell.org>

Hi,
Continuing my search of Haskell NLP tools and libs, I wonder if the
following Haskell libraries exist (googling them does not help):
1) End of Sentence (EOS) Detection. Break text into a collection of
meaningful sentences.
2) Part-of-Speech (POS) Tagging. Assign part-of-speech information to each
token.
3) Chunking. Analyze each tagged token within a sentence and assemble
compound tokens that express logical concepts. Define a custom grammar.
4) Extraction. Analyze each chunk and further tag the chunks as named
entities, such as people, organizations, locations, etc.

Any ideas where to look for similar Haskell libraries?