New release of Leksah

Maciej Noszczyński maciej.noszczynski at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 15:56:14 EDT 2009

>> I don't think that globally changing the user's visual preferences is
>> the way to go. Wouldn't it be possible to make the tabs just a little
>> bit wider?
>
> That's not a global change, but leksah specific parameter that can't be
> set in another way, as far as I know. The problem is, that gtk2hs
> toolkit doesn't bind the function to read a string and parses it as
> configuration data. If you can help me with this make a gtk2hs patch. I
> can look up the name of the function for you.

I've added gtk_rc_parse_string function support to gtk2hs. It is
called rcParseString and lives in Graphics.UI.Gtk.General.General for
the lack of better idea. The patch against gtk2hs 0.10.1 is attached.
Please test it and send me suggestions before I try to submit it to
gtk2hs maintainers.

Example hello world with background changed by the function:
http://hpaste.org/fastcgi/hpaste.fcgi/view?id=7550#a7550

--
Maciej