New release of Leksah

Jürgen Nicklisch-Franken jnf at arcor.de
Wed Jul 22 16:05:26 EDT 2009

        > Some minor problems that I've found so far:
        >
        > • the cross [x] buttons on tabs are almost invisible (don't
        fit) -
        > http://yfrog.com/15leksahcrossp

        New: With version 0.6 for a pleasant visual appearance, you have
        to copy
        or append the .gtkrc-2.0 file from the Leksah data folder or
        from the
        data folder in Leksah sources to your home folder. (Manual 7)

        > • the [X] button on the toolbar behaves in a counterintuitive
        way IMO (I
        > expected it to close source editor tabs not
        modules/debugging/... tabs).
        > Is it really needed?

        Well we have made a concept, were you are basically free to
        rearrange
        every part of the Leksah window. So you are free to close every
        pane.
        When I work this is my rescue:

        In Leksah there may be an active pane. The name of this
        pane is displayed in the second compartment from the left
        side in the status bar. Some actions like moving, splitting,
        closing panes or finding or replacing items in a text buffer
        act on the current pane, so check the display in the status
        bar to see if the pane you want to act on, is really the active
        one.(Manual 33)

        > • name completion popup sometimes goes beyond the bottom edge
        of the
        > window/screen

        True.

        > • debugging doesn't work if ~/.cabal/bin is not in the path -
        "Setup:
        > Cannot find the program 'ghc' at 'leksahecho' or on the
        path" (does it
        > mean that it can't find leksahecho?)

        True. Not shure what it is really searching, but it needs to
        find both
        programs.

        > • does importing some module need its package to be specified
        in
        > dependencies first? Would it be possible to automatically add
        package to
        > dependencies if I wanted to use something from it?

        The import helper just looks in imported packages, so if you
        miss a
        package import, you have to fix it manually. It would be an
        interesting
        feature for the future.

        > • adding imports based on errors from log doesn't seem to work
        for me:
        > for "src/Main.hs:22:16: Not in scope: `Data.Graph.buildG'" if
        I click
        > /add import/ I get "Identifier Grap not found in imported
        packages"

        This may be: The metadata collector has a problem parsing your
        file. Or
        the metadata is not up to date. So try to click on "Update
        metadata". If
        it stilll don't work try to look at the Metadata collection
        section of
        the manual, and try to report the original error.

        > • adding dependencies from packages installed by cabal doesn't
        seem to
        > work: "Setup: At least the following dependencies are missing:
        parsec
        >  >=2.1.0.1", while doing "~/.cabal/bin/cabal configure" in the
        package
        > directory runs normally. I have parsec installed in my home
        directory by
        > cabal-install

        This is because cabal install uses the per user database of
        haskell
        packages, while the default is the machine database. So you have
        to add
        --user to the ConfigFlags in Package / Package Flags.

        > Out of these problems the last one is the most important as it
        prevents
        > me from using my locally-installed packages in Leksah.

        So, the last one was easy.

        > Let me know if I could be of any assistance.

        Thank you for testing and taking the time to write it down.
        Maybe you
        can start a FAQ page on the Wiki.

        Jürgen