Changelog

Jürgen Nicklisch-Franken jnf at arcor.de
Sat Jul 18 18:26:47 EDT 2009

Hi Alex,

I think that we have an exciting new release, which for the first time
shows the potential of the project. Having a GUI based Haskell Debugger
on top onf GHCi is a cool feature. We will do a release, which will have
some issues.

E.g, we don't test installations on mutiple plattforms and settings. We
don't have so much time at the moment, and we hope for community help.

Even now, if you can install the current version from the leksah
repository and report about problems or success, that would be great. As
well as to test the new Mac installer.

What remains to be done before the release in my opinion is mainly to
	look into two installation issues,
	find a default configuration
	disable some features.
	(write new chapters for the manual?)

> At the moment I'm packing leksah for Debian/Ubuntu and I have seen
> that the program was changed to 0.6, but I don't find the now
> changelog. I think it's good idea to write one for know what new
> features and fixed bugs.What do you think about?

The release notes of the manual in the repositories:

----------------------
Version 0.6 Beta Release Juli 2009

The 0.6 version introduces a debugger mode. This mode can be switched on
and off from the toolbar. In debugger mode expressions can be evaluated
and the type of expressions can be shown. The GHCi debugger is
integrated, so that breakpoints can be set, it is possible to step
through the code and observe the values of variables. The other features
of Leksah like building in the background and reporting errors on the
fly work in debugger mode as in compiler mode.

Another new feature is integration of grep and text search with regular
expression. This can be accessed from the findbar.
The GUI framework has been enhanced, so that layouts can be nested in so
called group panes. This feature is used for the debugger pane.
Furthermore notebooks can be detached, so that Leksah can be used on
multiple screens. A lot of little enhancements has been made and
numerous bugs has been fixed.

Known bugs and problems:
The package editor works only for cabal files without configurations.
MS Windows: The check for external modifications of source files does
not work.
MS Windows: Interruption of a background build does not work.
Navigation in Trace history does not work.

 Im not versant with changelog conventions. Can you point me to an
example project or document?

Jürgen