example/DumpAst.hs not loading

Alexander Bernauer bernauer at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Jun 21 22:03:26 BST 2011

Hi

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 03:52:54PM -0400, Joe M wrote:
> The DumpAst.hs does not seem to be working.

This is weird as it workes for me. Maybe you don't have all patches?

---8<---
$ darcs changes | head -n 20
Thu May  5 16:51:45 CEST 2011  bernauer at inf.ethz.ch
  * pretty_dump_ast

  Using the Haskell parser to pretty print the AST dump of a C sample file

Thu May  5 16:37:23 CEST 2011  bernauer at inf.ethz.ch
  * ident_show

  using valid Haskell syntax for the string representation of a Ident value

Thu May  5 13:41:32 CEST 2011  benedikt.huber at gmail.com
  * Derive Show for operators, and only use operator symbols (like '<<') when pretty printing

  Suggested by Alexander Bernauer. Leads to more consistent Show instances for AST types, which
  have been added recently.

Thu May  5 13:40:24 CEST 2011  benedikt.huber at gmail.com
  * Remove trailing whitespace from several files
--->8---

And I am up to date:
---8<---
Pulling from "http://code.haskell.org/language-c"...
No remote changes to pull in!

Warning: CRC errors found. These are probably harmless but should be repaired.
See 'darcs gzcrcs --help' for more information.
--->8---

But something is broken with the repository:
---8<---
$ darcs clone http://code.haskell.org/language-c
Converting old-fashioned repository to hashed format...
Fetching a hashed repository would be faster.  Perhaps you could persuade
the maintainer to run darcs optimize --upgrade with darcs 2.4.0 or higher?
Finished getting.

Warning: CRC errors found. These are probably harmless but should be repaired.
See 'darcs gzcrcs --help' for more information.
--->8---

Unfortunatelly I am not very familiar with darcs, so I can't be of any
further help :-/

I think, Benedikt should have a look at this.

> Is there a different file that works.

Maybe BasicUsage.hs helps you getting started.

Greetings

Alex