iteratee ByteStringLike conversions

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Mon Nov 14 01:06:24 GMT 2011

On 14 November 2011 08:57, Maciej Marcin Piechotka
<uzytkownik2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-11-14 at 08:53 +0800, Conrad Parker wrote:
>> On 12 November 2011 11:15, Maciej Marcin Piechotka
>> <uzytkownik2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I fixed it in current master (along with disabling the debug flag by
>> > default). I haven't had time to test it.
>>
>> Hi Maciej,
>>
>> I've just tested the Enumeratee version and it works fine, thanks!
>> Also the removal of the debug flag has fixed the issues I had with
>> verbose messages and random segfaults :) It'd be great if you could
>> upload a new release of iteratee-compress so I can bump version
>> dependencies in my packages.
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> Conrad.
>
> Hello,
>
> Just to clarify - have you removed the debug flag or just test the
> correct version with flag disabled by default?

I've just tested with your master branch with default flags.

> I'm a bit worried about segfault but probably I'll remove the debug code
> if it works without it just fine.

sure, it could be worth investigating, perhaps it means that some part
of the bindings can access an invalid pointer. However it should be
safe as long as that isn't exposed to the user -- perhaps the C
library also has the same behaviour, with the assumption that you just
don't access that pointer at particular times.

cheers,

Conrad.