iteratee ByteStringLike conversions

Michael Baikov manpacket at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 04:48:06 GMT 2011

Are you sure that operating on [Word8] where it represents compressed
stream makes sence? To get benefits from compression size of data
should be quite large and operating on large lists of binary data is a
very good way to destroy the performance. So the idea  should be
operating on ByteStrings until you need data extracted and extract
data into that format you really want. So making it into generic case
is stupid, and if user really wants to destroy it's performance - it
is easy to achieve using threadDelay or mapStream B.unpack

Also enumInflate in iteratee-compress *should* be implemented in terms
of Enumeratee instread of Enumerator, because it's idea is to
transform data stream from one type to another and not the iteratee
itself.