iteratee LooseMap

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 00:20:36 EDT 2010

Hi John,

I'm going over the modules in the new iteratee branch with an eye for
which should be public and such, and I was trying to figure out what
benefit the LooseMap tyepclass could have over the Functor class.

The big one is that I can restrict element types that the class is
instantiated over, but since the first parameter is of kind (* -> *),
I don't know in what context that restriction even makes sense.

I'll send a patch which drops it, and if it makes sense you can apply
it. No harm done if you have a use-case for it, though.

I've had pains in the past trying to use multi-parameter typeclasses
which have more than one free variable, so that's something to
consider as well.

Antoine