Half-width indentation for "where" keyword

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Sun May 16 07:42:28 EDT 2010

(Trying to resend this after the last email bounced.)

Hi,

I'd like to change haskell-indentation (i.e. add an option) so it indents
the "where" keyword with half an indent (e.g. 1 space instead of two).
Example:

myFun = do
    print "hi"
    print name
  where
    name = "Mini Me"

I find that clearer to read than e.g.

myFun = do
    print "hi"
    print name
    where
    name = "Mini Me"

It also wastes somewhat less horizontal space in cases like:

myFun2 = go ...
  where
    go = ...

which would look like this with the current scheme

myFun2 = go ...
    where
        go = ...

Unfortunately my elisp-fu is more or less non-existent. I looked at
haskell-indentation.el but I can't quite figure out what changes are needed.

-- Johan