Installation issues

David Waller David.Waller1 at Blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jul 12 13:07:49 EDT 2010

I have recently installed Haskell-mode (version 2.7) for xemacs (version
21.4.22) onto a PC running Windows 7 (64bit)

When I try and open a Haskell file (ending in .hs) with Xemacs, I get the
error message Invalid read syntax "#" and the file is not opened.

Having looked at the files for the Haskell-mode the only # appears to be
either comments or in the Haskell-font-lock file.

I had to install the Haskell-mode manually as the Xemacs package
installation system fails to work (I suspect a firewall issue as it just
hangs waiting for a response) so am I missing a file.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

David Waller