Transferring issues from Trac to Github

Robert Lefkowitz r0ml at mac.com
Thu Mar 20 19:42:18 GMT 2014

I’ve begun moving issues from Trac to Github.

The first set to go contained the 9 open issues in Trac assigned to the Blue Sky release.

I have created a Blue Sky milestone in github and associated these 9 issues.

Each issue is tagged with three labels which correspond to the the Trac priority (major or minor), type (defect, enhancement, or task), and component (platform, windows, osx, linux, tarball, website).

The color coding for these labels is pretty awful right now.  However, if you browse the github issues, and select the Blue Sky milestone, you will see the list of issues — each one tagged with three colored labels — priority, type, and component.

The users of trac do not correspond to the users on github, so some issues which were assigned have transferred as unassigned.  I am also not able to preserve the information about who created the issues.

r0ml