A modest proposal (re the Platform)

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 02:00:33 GMT 2014

indeed!

Also respectfully, "extracting the binary from haskell platform" sounds
like it creates more problems than it solves. :)

The cabal-install devs have already said they're happy and willing to work
on providing binaries for the major platforms, and I am happy to figure out
how I can support them do what it is their prerogative. (as they said
earlier in this thread)

*tl;dr* I support the cabal-install devs taking ownership of making sure
the "*$current-majorVersion*" cabal-install  is easily downloadable  as a
stand alone static binary on all major OS / Arch platforms.  It
accomplishes the goal of my RFC as long as its made prominently visible /
discoverable, and as long as its a responsibility they are willing to
commit to supporting. (dont want to force it on them! :) ). Honestl

how can i help get this started? (i'm a bit spread thin, but if i can help
push it along i'm happy to)