xcode 5 psa info on haskell platform page

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 02:53:53 GMT 2013

Wait wait -

Didn't I see a fix that allowed current GHC 7.6.3 to work on both Mavericks
and Xcode 5. I believe this involved both a) using a clang wrapper, and b)
re-writing the ghc settings file to set ghc's idea of gcc to the clang
wrapper.

This approach seems best to me, save one thing: The clang wrapper was
written in Haskell. But it could easily be a small shell script.

I'd like to avoid any solution that involves brew or macports: Not all
developers have those on their system, and often putting them on your
system requires "buying into" their approach, and so I don't want to
inflict it on anyone (least of all myself - I won't run them - mostly to
ensure I have an 'agnostic' machine.)

Thoughts? I can putter with this tonight.

- Mark