Proposal: OpenGL/GLUT

Mikhail Glushenkov the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 21:07:58 GMT 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Jason Dagit <dagitj at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/wiki/Proposals/OpenGL
>
> OpenGLRaw: provides low-level foreign imports and marshalling code for
> directly interfacing with the C OpenGL API. This library is used by
> higher-level abstractions, such as the OpenGL package, and closely matches the
> C API for OpenGL.

One question about naming: do we want to adopt some standard naming
scheme for such libraries (consisting mostly of raw FFI bindings)? For
example, the low-level bindings library for LLVM is called llvm-base,
and a popular naming convention on Hackage seems to be bindings-* [1].
If we at some point decide to add some other low-level FFI bindings
library to HP, it'd be nice if the naming convention was uniform.

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/pkg-list.html#cat:ffi