Cabal in HP (Was: binary in HP

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 16:28:00 GMT 2013

Again, I'm very reluctant to alter the version of a package that comes with
GHC. In this case, it would require any packager of HP to be sure to
rebuild GHC 7.6.2 with the altered version. That would be change from
current practice for packagers. Further, for some distributions it is not
possible because the GHC part of HP is packaged separately, and directly
from the GHC HQ release.

If the bugs in 1.16.0.3 were significant enough, I'd have expected to see a
point release of GHC. If they were deemed not important enough to rev. GHC,
then I would rather take GHC as it comes, as a stable and known entity,
than start jiggering with the package versions.

- Mark
​