Parallel Platform installs?

Merijn Verstraaten merijn at inconsistent.nl
Tue Jun 18 12:22:31 BST 2013

Hi!

I've been looking into getting better Haskell support going on Travis-CI, which currently only provides whatever platform is in the Ubuntu repositories. It seems desirable to provide multiple different platform versions to test against (at least the most recent two, for example).

Obviously the GHC package database will run into collisions of two platform versions ship with the same version of GHC. My question is, is there a way to have multiple installs in parallel? If so, how? If not, how could this be best approached?

Cheers,
Merijn Verstraaten