Early trial builds of 2012.2.0.0

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Thu May 17 04:54:20 BST 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 8:52 AM, Chris Dornan <chris at chrisdornan.com> wrote:

> Platform Builders,
>
> The current tar-ball generator doesn’t work with the latest cabal-install
> (0.14.0).

> The problem is that ' cabal install --dry-run --reinstall' has become too
> loquacious for
> our convenience and is annotating the output with extra context.
>
> Are you sure of this? My 0.14.0 cabal seems to only output more info per
line if I include -v -- otherwise the output seems exactly as before. Are
you perhaps adding that -v via your cabal config file? In any event, the
change you suggest should be just "better armor".

However, I suspect the whole Build.hs is about to go away soon - it
currently provides very little benefit and complicates the prepare.hs
script for no good reason. Either I'm going to combine prepare.sh into
Build.hs... or Build.hs in prepare.sh.

- Mark