package versions for 2012.2.0.0

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Sun May 13 18:27:23 BST 2012

Mark Lentczner wrote:
> None. That is, none of the packages in HP have version constraints on
> transformers other than mtl. And none of the version constraints on mtl
> exclude 2.1.1. So, none of the packages in HP need updating.

Woohoo!

> Now, other packages in Debian might well be a different story.
> With respect to releasing HP 2012.2.0.0 this month, all we need to decide is
> which are the versions of mtl & transformers we wish to include.

In that case, unless downstream packagers say otherwise,
I'd say go with transformers 0.3 if we can do it at our end
without pain. I think any actively maintained package will
soon move to 0.3; it's easy to do, usually just a cabal
version bump for a minimal upgrade, and there are clear
advantages in performance and API. From the chicken and
egg perspective, maintainers outside the platform will be
encouraged to upgrade promptly if the platform does it.