package versions for 2012.2.0.0

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Mon May 7 15:24:27 BST 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 4:21 AM, Don Stewart <dons00 at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's all you need to do - but it might not happen for this release.

Just to be sure I'm understanding: It is acceptable for this code to remain
in three auxiliary packages, and therefore for HP to have to ship them, so
long as the modules don't directly inhabit the Data. module name space.

Or did you mean not only do the modules need to be renamed, but the
packages have to be folded back into OpenGL and/or GLUT?

I'm assuming that if the first is the aim of the platform committee, then
we wouldn't be publishing those three packages in what makes up the HP
package list. Of course, in any installation not only will the modules be
listed in the documentation, but the packages themselves will be apparent.
This is the same as for packages that come with GHC that aren't part of the
platform (think ghc-prim, or binary).

As for timing, I'm hoping that we can start building trial installers this
coming weekend. Hence, I'd like to have the package version list finished
by end of this week.

- Mark