Changes to GHC that will expose new packages

David Terei davidterei at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 06:24:18 GMT 2012

So do we have any proposal for a way forward here? seems the options now are:

1) Include mtl, haskeline, terminfo, utf8-string. Mark as hidden all except mtl.

2) As above but rename all except mtl to be ghc-*

3) Discuss including packages that provide functionality equivalent to
above packages in haskell platform, rework ghc code to depend on those
instead, include all packages and expose them.

4) Fix cabal / ghc to allow ghc to depend on packages and have them
remain truly internal

I'd be happy with any of the first 3 and particularly the first 2 as
it minimizes the work i need to do. Long term 4 seems to be the right
approach.

Cheers,
David