release schedule and Linux distros

PÁLI Gábor János pali.gabor at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 11 01:06:55 BST 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 1:26 AM, Mark Lentczner <mark at glyphic.com> wrote:
> In general, I can't judge from these projects web sites

Sure, I have just added it as a comment to show that there may not be
strict release dates for some distributions.

> what we need more
> is specific dates that the HP packagers would like to see.

(Because of the way FreeBSD releases work the way I mentioned) I am
fine with anything that others find plausible, I can adapt, like I did
before.

Regarding my personal experience and view, regular half-year releases
work and make sense for me, i.e. package and version list should be
announced by May 1 and November 1 in each year, to have releases
around June 1 and December 1.  So there is enough time (a month) to
update, test, and prepare the affected components (potentially
including switching between major GHC versions) and their depending
Haskell ports in the tree (which is currently above 300).