[haskell-platform] #199: GHCI Startup Crash with HP 2012.2.0.0 on 64bit OS X 10.6

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 02:32:22 BST 2012

fwiw:

I have successfully installed and used 32 bit HP 2012 on 10.6.8 by
following the option on http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/mac.html :

*The command line tools and/or Xcode can be downloaded for free from Apple's
developer website <http://developer.apple.com/>, you do need to register as
a developer (also free).*

*
*Go to developer.apple.com , register as a developer (free) then go to
https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action and pick "Command Line
Tools for Xcode - Late March 2012"

I didn't notice that the documentation says "requires Mac OS X 7.3". It
doesn't seem to check and it seems to work although I haven't used Haskell
on that machine much since doing it so I don't really know if this is a
viable option or not.

As you probably know it is probably cheaper to upgrade to 10.7 rather than
getting an officially supported set of tools on 10.6.

Regards
George