Plans for next release

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 6 13:34:25 BST 2011

On 6 September 2011 03:13, Mark Lentczner <mark at glyphic.com> wrote:
>> 1: will ghc for OSX be 64bit by default this time around?
>
> I'm game either way. I've heard no serious issues with the 64-bit version,
> so we could "default" to it, or only build it. At this point, only 5+ year
> old machines or folks still on 10.5 would be out.

I have such a machine (and it still works fine).  I'm pretty sure,
though, that I had to manually compile GHC for the last two releases.
Either due to some installer issue (10.6 required) or because of a
missing bindist which would allow me to put it into a custom
directory.  So, as long as this path is still available I don't mind
dropping a the 32bit platform installer.

--
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.