time 1.2.0.5 in Platform

Clint Adams clint at debian.org
Fri Oct 28 02:20:18 BST 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 05:58:55PM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> I think you should raise it here, e.g. explain why having the new
> version of time is more in the interest of our users than having a
> pristine platform. And, since the platform is not yet released, you
> could include haskell-platform at projects.haskell.org and lobby for
> inclusion in the release.

time 1.2.0.5 contains a change wherein the range of parsed 2-digit
years is assumed to be 1969-2068 instead of 1900-1999.

This is a more useful behavior given that some financial
institutions are still irritatingly providing data with
transaction dates containing only two-digit years.

Please consider updating time for this reason.