Plans for next release

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 1 15:12:00 GMT 2011

OK, if 10.6 and 10.7 work that should be fine.  We talked about
dropping 10.5, and I agree that this would be acceptable (I have one
10.5 system myself, but I can live with building from source).  I was
just asking whether we're blocked on 10.7 because I seem to remember
something to that effect.

On 31 October 2011 01:51, Mark Lentczner <mark at glyphic.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Thomas Schilling
> <nominolo at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> What's the status of GHC on OS X Lion?
>
> I have an HP built with the 7.0.4 from the installer from GHC central.
> I have the 32 bit version built and working on 10.7 and 10.6. I'm
> pretty certain the 64 bit will work as well. Neither will work on 10.5
> because of the way 7.0.4 was built. I haven't delved into rebuilding
> 7.0.4 so that it can work on 10.5 ~ 10.7... but I believe it is
> possible.
>
> Getting the HP for Mac into shape will require some scripting work as
> I want to get the "old version uninstaller" working.
>
> - Mark

Push the envelope. Watch it bend.