cabal install on Mac Os X Snow Leopard

Pepe Iborra pepeiborra at gmail.com
Sun May 22 01:32:41 BST 2011

I installed the Haskell Platform 2011.2.0.1 (April 2011) on a clean
Mac OS X Snow Leopard machine. After that, cabal-install refuses to
run with

    pepe:~$ cabal
    cabal: Most RTS options are disabled. Link with -rtsopts to enable them.

This is likely to be a bug when compiling the cabal install binary
bundled in the Haskell Platform, but I might be missing something. I
looked at reporting this as an issue in the Haskell Platform Trac, but
I couldn't figure out how to do it without a registered user, hence
this email.

Thanks,
pepe