where I'm stuck building a 7.0.3 HP

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 06:25:33 BST 2011

I'm trying to fix ticket
#169<http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/ticket/169> - Haskell
Platform 2011-2.0.0: parsec docs contain broken HTML links before rebuilding
7.0.3

The problem stems from the build.sh script where packages are built with a
faux package database generated from "./Setup register --inplace" so that
the packages can find each other while they are being built. However,
haddock also uses that package database to determine how to generate
inter-package links. Of course, the value in there is wrong, it points to
where on my build system those docs reside, not where they will reside on
the user's machine.

I think the solution here is to take building haddock out of the build.sh
script, and place it in yet another new script. Then, before calling it,
assemble a mock-final package database, and use that to build the haddocks.

I'll plan on making that change, but it will affect any other packaging
effort that is depending on build.sh to build the haddocks. Anyone object?

Thoughts?

- Mark