ghc API library inclusion?

Jens Petersen juhp at community.haskell.org
Fri Apr 1 10:45:52 BST 2011

Hi,

I would like to clarify whether the ghc API library (libHSghc)
is formally a part of haskell-platform or not?

As far as I can tell it seems not since it is not listed
in explicitly haskell-platform.cabal or on the webpages.

Yes, I know most binary packages bundle it with ghc anyway
but Fedora doesn't anymore - in fact we have recently
further subpackaged all of ghc's bundled libraries.

If it is not part of the Platform then I guess no action
is needed, otherwise it would be good to state so explicitly.

Thanks, Jens