Windows installer 2010.2.0.0 RC1

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sat Jul 17 15:53:36 EDT 2010

claus.reinke:

> More generally: what is the status of establishing a
> proper testing process for Haskell platform releases?

Currently we have an ad hoc process:

    * GHC people test and release as stable version
    * Package developers release new stable versions
    * We adopt the new packages and GHC based on the PVP.
    * Each distro maintainer packages the specification set, and adjusts
        for any bugs
    * Once Unix, Mac and Windows installers are signed off, after 2 or 3
      RCs, we do the release.

An automated way to track the RCs and sign-offs would be great.

-- Don