Windows installer 2010.2.0.0 RC1

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Sat Jul 17 04:53:49 EDT 2010

> I've uploaded the 2010.2.0.0 release candidate installer to
>
> http://code.haskell.org/~refold/HaskellPlatform-2010.2.0.0-rc1-setup.exe
>
> Unless someone finds serious bugs in this RC, it can be released
> unchanged.

> Known issues:
>
>   See http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/wiki/Windows

Are you using the ghc-6.12.3 release or current daily snapshots?

The release has several documentation-related issues (on Windows,
at least), some of which might be fixed or fixable via snapshots (as
no further 6.12.x releases seem to be planned):

- ghc-pkg field * haddock-html doesn't work

    (fixed July 4th, workaround would be to create an
    empty directory to run this command in, to neutralize
    the unwanted self-globbing)

- ghc-pkg field * haddock-html gives wrong results

    (eg, pointing to lib/base-4.2.0.2, while the html docs are
    in doc/html/libraries/base-4.2.0.2/ )

- I'm sure I've encountered broken documentation links
    in installed haddock documentation (just one example:
    from the Data.Generics page, the link to
    Data.Generic.Schemes is broken, as the package id
    is missing in the link; while the link from the main
    index is correct)

    as well as missing linkage during cabal installs with
    'documentation: True' (eg, in my haskell-src-exts
    docs, there are no links for Bool/Maybe/String).

    For the former, there is a long-standing ticket about
    broken link testing

    but it seems that the windows installer docs have
    package ids in the urls while the haskell.org docs
    (and the broken local links) do not.
    doc/html/libraries/syb-0.1.0.2%5CData-Generics-Schemes.html

Are these issues known? Do they apply to the HP RC?

More generally: what is the status of establishing a
proper testing process for Haskell platform releases?

Claus