[Gtk2hs-users] Installing gtk2hs with GHC 6.1.2.3

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 10:18:16 EDT 2010

Hello Axel,

Friday, July 16, 2010, 6:10:08 PM, you wrote:

>> "cabal install gtk" actually failed for me since it tried to search
>> for
>> gtk2hs-buildtools files near to directory where i have left cabal.exe,
>> so i have added the "0." step

> The build tools should be found when they are on the path. They cannot
> be installed automatically due tedious technical reasons.

> So you're saying that the gtk2hs* tools were on your PATH but were not
> found by the Setup program? That'd be bad.

oh, no! my fault: instead of adding this directory to the path i have
moved executables (and only executables!) to ghc\bin directory. so the
corrected instruction should look like:

1. downloaded cabal.exe 1.8 and put into PATH
2. reinstalled globally the mtl package:
      ghc-pkg unregister mtl
      cabal install mtl --global
3. installed manually alex and happy
4. extracted all-in-one package from http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html
      and added its bin directory to PATH
5. executed "cabal install gtk2hs-buildtools" and added
      C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Roaming\cabal\bin directory to PATH
6. executed "cabal install gtk"

(untested, untested!). it will be great if someone will test it
on pure Windows box

why you don't use -O and -split-objs in cabal files?

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com